The Energy business of Atkins has been providing engineering solutions to the Oil & Gas industry since 1975. As the world's fourth largest global design consultancy, we provide services across a wide range of disciplines and applications covering fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and pipelines.
As part of our global growth strategy to become the world's leading infrastructure consultancy, we have opportunities for an experienced Lead Flow Assurance Engineer to run the flow assurance team in the Houston office.
As a key member of the engineering team in our Houston office, you will take a major role in delivering exceptional engineering design and consultancy advice. You will join a multi-discipline team in Houston, where we are able to offer you a variety of technically challenging and unique projects.
We work on leading edge process designs and assessment over all parts of the project lifecycle, namely:
- Field Development / Conceptual Design
- Front-End Engineering Design
- Detailed Design and Verification / Assurance
- Debottlenecking / Brownfield Modifications and Upgrades
- Operational Support / Troubleshooting
'People' and 'Development' are culturally part of the Atkins DNA. We empower people to develop and take responsibility early within their careers with us, knowing they have the back-up of some of the most talented people in the sector which will provide the support where needed.
If you want to become part of the successful Atkins' Oil and Gas team, and you meet the criteria below, then click on-line to apply.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (Chemical/Process preferred);
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Chartered Engineer (C Eng) status preferred;
- Solid flow assurance engineering knowledge including simulation tools, e.g. Pipesim, OLGA;
- Minimum 10 years total experience in flow assurance or fluid mechanics;
- Minimum 4 years experience in the upstream oil & gas environment;
- Familiar with relevant codes, standards and the application of best engineering practice and procedures;
- Experience of working with other engineering disciplines: subsea, pipelines, process topsides.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Lead and co-ordinate the development of flow assurance deliverables on a study, e.g. Subsea P&ID development, philosophy documents, Basis of Design. documents, operating procedures, study reports, design assurance reports.
- Act as study lead engineer, responsible for client liaison on studies.
- Quality assure simulation input and output performed by junior staff.
- Provide flow assurance input and liaise with other disciplines and clients to deliver seamless multi-discipline engineering solutions to our clients.
- Provide technical assurance and mentoring / supervision of more junior staff.
- Be able to prepare study proposals based on a scope of work from the client.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- A co-operative and helpful attitude to colleagues and clients;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position;
- Flexible in working hours when required.
- 20 days Paid Vacation
- 8 days paid public holidays
- 7 days paid sick leave
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- There may a requirement for you to occasionally travel to other company/client sites (both locally and internationally)