The role of the Operations Supervisor will entail close liaison with each of the Company's Operations departments to ensure that all teams work together in a safe and efficient manner and within the guidelines set out within the Company's and vessel safety management system. The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for the management and completion of the Company's Pre-start Assurance Check list prior to Operations commencing. On the vessel the Operations Supervisor will assist the Master/OIM in the co-ordination and control of the permit to work system applicable to Company Operations.
The Company's equipment is a unique system and brings together complex mechanical, electronic and computer technology. The system is deployed to 3,000 meters water depth; as such there are several departments on-board the vessel with their own specific operational function. The role of the Operations Supervisor is to ensure the harmony between the departments is maintained thus ensuring Company Operations are run in a safe and efficient manner.
• Responsible for ensuring the safe system of work is adhered to on-board the vessel.
• Responsible for pre-shift briefings to all departments under his/her control.
• Responsible for ensuring all tasks to be performed are risk assessed where necessary and all risk assessments are documented.
• Assist Vessel Master/OIM in Co-ordinating all permits to work relating to the Company system.
• Management and custodian of Operations Pre-Start Assurance Check List.
• Ensure that a comprehensive shift log is maintained of the operations during his/her shift.
• Ensure that the operational limits of the system are adhered to at all times.
• Any changes to the agreed procedures are captured via a management of change.
• Company and Vessel HSE policy is adhered to.
• Ensure all relevant permits are in place between Company and client prior to any tasks being carried out.
• Responsible for ensuring that all job specific procedures are followed in a safe and efficient manner and that at all times the safety of all crew and equipment is maintained as far as reasonably practicable. The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of day or night shift crew
• Strong experience in Multi-discipline roles within two or more of the following operational environments - Sub-Sea Construction/ROV/Deep Water Operations/Well Operations.
• Experienced in offshore operations on-board Construction, ROV, Dive vessels, and ideally the service sector of the drilling industry (Wire line & in well operations).
• 5+ years in a senior supervisory role in and offshore environment, management experience and appropriate qualifications a distinct advantage in this role.
• Experience in Engineering in a mechanical or electrical capacity.
• The ability to supervise the execution of project specific procedures.
• The ability to operate a QHSE management system in the workplace.
• The ability to identify and assess the risk exposure of the Company's team.
• The ability to coach personnel and assess skills in the workplace.
• The ability to implement effect supervisory techniques based on the task, environmental factors and skills of team members.
• The ability to manage the team during emergency situations.
• Hold the following certificates/training : i.e. IOSH, Survival, DP Awareness, Major Emergency Management, accident/incidents Investigation etc.