Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Energy Technology Corporation (ETC) is accepting online applications for the position of Subsea Engineer located in Houston, Texas or Aberdeen, Scotland, or Perth, Australia through December 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Subsea Engineer is a member of the Subsea Engineering Center of Excellence (CoE), which provides technical expertise to the Upstream Major Capital Projects and Base Business organizations. CoE employees fill various positions, including research and development, short term consulting/problem solving, with potential for long term secondment to Major Capital Projects or Strategic Business Units. Typical roles may include project scoping, concept selection, FEED and detailed design, fabrication, installation and/or operation of subsea facilities.
The Subsea CoE is seeking expertise in the following disciplines:
- Subsea Systems & Project Engineering
- Subsea Power, Pumping & Processing
- Subsea Flowlines, Flexible Pipe & Umbilicals
- Subsea Equipment and Controls
- Subsea Operations
- Subsea Installation and Intervention
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent Military Experience.
- Minimum of 5 years energy industry experience.
- Strong ethical core in approach to business.
- Demonstrated safety leadership and disciplined application of operational excellence management systems.
- Experience in the subsea engineering discipline, or desire to become career subsea engineer.
- Strong communicator, who excels at building relationships with customers, contractors and colleagues.
- Ability to accommodate requirements for international and domestic business travel to locales with subsea operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, be self-directing, and exhibit due diligence in pursuit of objectives.
- 3 years experience related to a Subsea discipline.
- Knowledge of applicable industry and regulatory codes, standards, and recommended practices for the design, fabrication and installation of subsea systems, flowlines, risers, manifolds, controls and/or subsea trees.
- Understanding of vessel operations and management.
- Familiarity with drilling, completion, production and process engineering.
- Working knowledge of flow assurance, production chemistry, corrosion management and materials selection.
- Understanding of availability and reliability engineering techniques.
- Experienced in project controls, including effective work planning, risk assessment, contingency plans, contract management, and demonstrated business acumen.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.