Can you deliver world class technical support to our business, do you have well-developed analytical skills and do you like to take initiatives to ensure constant improvements? If so, you should join Maersk Drilling.
MD is seeking a Subsea Superintendent to join their Subsea Support Group, Global Operations Department, based in Aberdeen. You will provide subsea operational support to MD's semi-submersible fleet of 3 ultra-deepwater, 2 mid-water semis and future 4 new build drillships.
By joining Maersk Drilling, an integrated part of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, you should be prepared for a career that can lead you anywhere.
Our organization is characterized by engagement, professionalism, trust and drive, and creates opportunities for individual achievement through team-work. Our working style is informal and focused and our work environment is ambitious, yet fun.
Travel - the job will entail approximately 45 days travelling per year to rigs, shore bases and vendors.
As focal point for subsea operations they will plan and coordinate major subsea activities across the fleet, ensuring expertise is correctly allocated. The Subsea Superintendent will provide technical expertise to support the global operations and where required liaise with vendors and onshore management to ensure operations are fully maintained. In addition the Subsea Superintendent will be responsible for reviewing and standardising subsea procedures.
Reporting to the Subsea Manager, Subsea Group, Drilling Operations, the Subsea Supervisor will inform the Subsea Manager of relevant subsea activities in conjunction with shore base rig management.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or educational equivalent from an accredited technical school, trade school, or institute preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of Deepwater Offshore as a Subsea Engineer Supervisor.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Subsea BOP MUX systems, Connectors, Marine Risers, Diverter, Tensioner, Choke Manifold and Surface control units. Experience with Hydril.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Heave compensators, Valves & Hoses.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of HPU & Hydraulic systems.
- Demonstrate excellent reporting skills, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to read and analyse technical drawings.
- Good knowledge of industry standards & regulations.
- Good communications skills and industry contacts.
- Excellent English written & spoken.