Position: Subsea Controls Umbilical Engineer
Closing Date: 07/23/2012
Business Unit: CUE-BU
Position Start Date: 08/06/2012
Position End Date: 07/05/2012
Work Schedule: Non-Rotational
Visa Required?: No
- The Umbilicals Engineer will follow-up the Umbilicals System activities related to: design consistency with design basis and data set, technical support for the Umbilicals System activities during EPCI execution, monitor the compliance of the Umbilicals System development within project schedule, support in coordinating tasks related to Umbilical System:
- Follow-up the technical tasks related to Umbilicals System.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the flow of information inside the Umbilicals System with all the parties involved.
- Assist the UMBILICAL Systems Leader on the technical tasks. In addition, responsible for all aspects of project controls function for offshore and onshore drilling and completion Project Teams, including deployment and maintenance of systems, processes, and procedures necessary to support the Upstream Development Project through Detailed Design, Execution and Pre-commissioning of an offshore well facility as well as onshore well facility. Specifically, this incorporates the following activities:
- Cost Management
- Trending, Forecasting & Reporting
- Planning, Scheduling and milestone performance tracking
- Change Control, including risk identification and mitigation
- Configures, maintains, administers and utilises the Cost Control Tool and ensures effective interface and consistency of data with Accounting and Procurement Systems.
Education: Bachelor's degree is required. Preferred in Mechanical, Petroleum, Civil, Marine, Material or Electrical engineering.
Experience: Minimum five (5) years O&G experience with some gained in a Major Capital Project
- Good communication skills required both written and oral at alll levels both internally and externally. Ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Excellent Presentation Skills required.
- Familiarity with project planning and execution practices is required to effectively communicate AIR Team function and deliverables to project personnel.
- Excellent Microsoft Office computing skills required.