Location: Houston, TX
Division: Subsea Technologies
Job Purpose: Working with minimal direction, establishes the priorities for and directs the efforts of
Engineering personnel (including consultants and contractors) assigned to the project under the responsibility of the Project Manager.
Essential functions performed in this job:
- Directly supervises assigned engineering personnel for the initiation and completion of project related tasks.
- Ensures technical adherence of product to applicable contract requirements and company procedures. Interprets and communicates technical contract requirements to the project team.
- Closely monitors and controls project engineering budget and schedules to meet requirements of the overall project plan. Provides updates to engineering cost estimates throughout the project.
- Reviews and approves drawings, technical specifications, engineering procedures, 0 & M manuals and Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) to ensure compliance with contract requirements. Releases product documentation to Manufacturing for equipment build. Coordinates document changes as required.
- Coordinates and provides engineering support to Manufacturing during equipment build and testing.
- Maintains a project design notebook for each project.
- Coordinates with engineering management for project personnel resources.
- Supports customer interface with Project Manager and Marketing.
- Assists in preparation of technical data and engineering cost estimates for proposals.
Minimum qualifications and background required to fill this position:
- Educational Background: BS degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Work Experience: Ten (10) years' experience in progressively more challenging engineering or design positions.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Subsea Oil & Gas specifically with ROV's and Tooling