The Project Engineer is responsible for MCS Control System upgrade planning, testing, execution, and commissioning. All activities must be coordinated with functional groups and operations personnel. The incumbent will oversee design changes, ensure technical issues are resolved and the facilities are in compliance with all statutory requirements and stakeholder aspirations.
- The specification, design, manufacture, testing, integration, installation and commissioning of the upgrade components. This will include the generation of detailed functional specifications, review of design and test documentation, interface management, QA/QC and manufacturing/testing oversight, and equipment installation and commissioning.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Essential experience and job requirements
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be legally authorized to live and work in United States.
- 15+ years project working experience in various project engineering positions with a broad knowledge project management, and operations.
- Extensive experience in major projects requiring multi-discipline integration and coordination involving complex stakeholder management. Major engineering-procurement-construction project execution skills. Project engineering experience, supervising contractors' execution of engineering design, equipment and materials procurement, system testing, installation, and commissioning.
- Strong communication, listening, influencing, organizational, networking, and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with all levels of management, external parties, internal customers and contacts.
- Personal commitment and leadership in health, safety, security and environment and open attitude necessary to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Basic Awareness of the following engineering disciplines: Process/Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical/Power, Materials/Corrosion/Inspection, Instrument, and Civil.
- Basic Awareness of Process Equipment and Technical drawings.
- Project controls estimating and scheduling experience
- Must have commissioned a Control System
- Must possess TWIC or be willing and able to obtain one.
Other essential skills and knowledge
- Strong track record of leadership in HSSE.
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial approach with high performance standards.
- High personal impact and credibility, combined with excellent communication skills, conviction and commitment.
- Strong influencing skills and powers of persuasion.
- An enquiring mind, which challenges the status quo in search of ways to deliver results.
- Develop Others -- Gets the very best out of people in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Desirable criteria and qualifications Masters Degree
- Licensed P.E.
- Subsea experience