Wild Well Control, a Superior Energy Services Company, is the world's leading provider of firefighting, well control engineering and training services. In addition to resolving well control and pressure control problems, Wild Well Control's Engineering group provides well control support, well modeling, contingency planning, relief well designing and risk management planning for well control. The specialized Marine Engineering Group provides computer modeling for offshore structures and floating assets, damage and stability analysis, as well as platform recovery. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers.
Wild Well Control is currently seeking a Structural Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX.
The Structural Engineer will be responsible for all matters pertaining to design and certification of surface and subsea structures. This includes the ability to interpret customer specifications as related to structural system requirement into functional documentation required to cost effectively design the perspective structure for vessel or tooling, while verifying compliance with applicable standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create design sketches and performs structural calculations
- Check plans for accuracy and completion according to applicable building codes, material codes and standards
- Coordinate work of Engineers, Designers and Draftsmen
- Assist with preparation of discipline specifications: Bill of material, engineering procurement requisitions, manpower planning, man hour control, progress reports and all other documents that pertain to project execution
- Oversee implementation and recommends purchases to improve performance and capabilities
- Develop equipment spares inventory lists for shop and filed locations
- Responsible for technical evaluation and recommendations on all matters pertaining to design, fabrication, failure analysis, testing and documentation for structural components
- Assist management to develop engineering budgets and expenses for subsea equipment
- Minimum five years of relevant experience subsea oilfield required
- Recent subsea intervention (vessel, production tree and wellhead interface) and offshore project experience is required
- Working knowledge of Finite Element Modeling software such as COSMOS, ALGOR, NASTRAN, etc.
- Proficiency in structural analysis software such as SACs and finite element analysis software to include ANSYS or Abaqus, Autodesk (AutoCAD, Vault and Inventor)
- Must be proficient in use of RISA and/or other structural analysis software
- B.S. in Civil Engineering required
- P.E. in Structural Engineering preferred
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan