Subsea Project Engineer
Contract- Long Term
Rate £650 per day negotiable
My client has an immediate requirement for a Subsea Project Engineer to support the Projects Department in delivering a number of subsea projects. This full-time role will report to the Manager, Subsea Projects. The primary role will be to lead a team of professional discipline engineers and support staff to safely and efficiently deliver a number of fast track small scale Brownfield projects.
The successful candidate should be prepared to visit offshore from time to time, on subsea construction vessels and platforms in the UKCS.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
- Promote HSE principles and expectations within areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the day to day control of assigned project responsibilities and supervision of external contractors and consultants in accordance with the Project Delivery System requirements.
- Coordination of progress meetings and advising project management on quality, schedule and cost.
- In conjunction with the Project Planner, maintain detailed and accurate subsea schedule, including identification of critical path activities
- In conjunction with Project Cost Engineer, develop budget forecasts for discrete work scopes and contribute to cost reviews, spend forecasting and estimating.
- Coordinate procurement activities to ensure involvement during key activities during procurement and fabrication including: reviews, inspectors, HSE and engineer witness points.
- Review and endorse work carried out by design, fabrication and installation contractors as required.
- Liaise with, and inform Assurance, Contracts, HSE/OI, Wells and Operations stakeholders as required.
- Input into review processes in readiness for initial or re-starting hydrocarbon production.
- Plan, organise and coordinate PEER reviews and Risk Assessments and ensure actions are assigned and closed out in agreed timeframes.
- Provide input and support in HAZIDs, HAZOP's, HIRAs etc.
- Assist with HSE and DECC notifications, permits and consents as required.
- Preparation of technical input for ITT packages (SOW, BOD, specifications and drawings) and perform technical evaluation and clarification of tender submissions.
- Provide engineering support to the procurement function, from bid preparation and evaluation through to final delivery of the final product.
- Arrange and perform offshore visits to platforms and vessels as required to plan, coordinate and execute the project works.
Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have proven experience in the oil and gas industry and must be degree qualified in a suitable engineering discipline
- Experience should include time served major subsea installation contractor, ideally in a position as Project Manager, Oil & Gas Operator experience is a preference although not essential.
- The Subsea Project Engineer will be expected to be skilled in the practice of subsea project engineering with proven experience and practical skills.
- Knowledge of facilities design, procurement, fabrication and installation (including pipelines, flexible risers, umbilicals, control systems, subsea structures)
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable ability to input into contract strategies and commercial principles required for effective management and performance of subsea projects.
- Experience of leading invitations to tender and subsequent negotiation, clarification, evaluation and recommendation to award