Offshore Field Development Projects
Carlsberg
Operator:Lundin
Water Depth:82 m / 271 ft
Region:Europe - North Sea
Country:Norway
Last Updated:May 23, 2013    (view update history)
Project Description
The Carlsberg prospect is located on the eastern margin of the Central Graben adjacent to the Jaeren High, 12 miles to the north of the Lundin Brynhild field. The main risks are source/migration and reservoir quality. The prospective resource shown is an aggregate of the two levels.

Carlsberg is estimated to hold net unrisked prospective resources of 40 MMboe.

Consent to drill exploration well 7/4-3 was granted by the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) in February 2013. The well will be drilled by the Maersk Guardian (350' ILC).
The Carlsberg prospect is located on the eastern margin of the Central Graben adjacent to the Jaeren High, 12 miles to the north of the Lundin Brynhild field. The main risks are source/migration and reservoir quality. The prospective resource shown is an aggregate of the two levels.

Carlsberg is estimated to hold net unrisked prospective resources of 40 MMboe.

Consent to drill exploration well 7/4-3 was granted by the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) in February 2013. The well will be drilled by the Maersk Guardian (350' ILC).
Activities
Status Updates
Lundin P&As Carslberg as Dry Hole
Type: Drilling Operations

May. 2013 - Lundin Petroleum announced the completion of drilling operations on wildcat well 7/4-3 in the Norwegian North Sea. The well was drilled in PL495 to test the Upper Triassic and Upper Cretaceous reservoirs that make up the company's Carlsberg prospect. Unfortunately, the primary target was not found and the secondary target, although encountered at the expected depth, proved to be water wet. The well will be plugged and abandoned as a dry hole and the Maersk Guardian (350' ILC) will mobilize to the Brynhild field to begin development drilling. Lundin operates and maintains a 60 percent interest in PL495 and PL459B while its partner, Tullow, owns the remaining 40%.

Drilling Commences at Lundin's Carlsberg Prospect
Type: Drilling Operations

Apr. 2013 - Exploration well 7/4-3 is underway and being drilled by the Maersk Guardian (350' ILC). The well is being drilled in 269 feet of water in license PL495 which is operated by Lundin Petroleum. Partners in the license include Lundin (60%) and Tullow 40%. The well is being drilled to test Upper Triassic and Upper Cretaceous reservoirs that make up the Carlsberg prospect. Lundin estimates Carlsberg to contain unrisked gross prospective resources of 67 MMboe. Drilling is expected to take 65 days to reach a total depth of 10,144 feet.

Lunding Receives Consent to Drill Carlsberg
Type: Drilling Operations

Mar. 2013 - Lundin received approval from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate to drill exploration well 7/4-3 on the company's Carlsberg prospect. The well will be drilled by the Maersk Guardian (350' ILC) in 270 feet of water. Lundin serves as operator of PL495 and holds a 60% stake in the license. Tullow holds the remaining 40%. Carlsberg is estimated to hold net unrisked prospective resources of 40 MMboe.

Carlsberg
Non-Commercial - May 2013 to -

Exploratory Drilling - Apr 2013 to May 2013

Well 7/4-3 was spudded by the Maersk Guardian.

Bright Spot - 2009 to Apr 2013

Update History
The SubseaIQ Team works everyday to provide you with the latest information on the offshore field development market. The following table provides you with a detailed record of each addition and update made to this project by the SubseaIQ team.
UPDATE TYPE DATE DAYS AGO
Field Updated May 23, 2013 552
Field Status Updated May 23, 2013 552
Field Status Added May 23, 2013 552
Activity Added May 23, 2013 552
Field Updated Apr 05, 2013 600
Field Status Updated Apr 05, 2013 600
Field Status Added Apr 05, 2013 600
Activity Added Apr 05, 2013 600
Project Description Updated Mar 01, 2013 635
Field Updated Mar 01, 2013 635
Activity Added Mar 01, 2013 635
Project Description Added Feb 27, 2013 637
Field Added Feb 27, 2013 637
Field Status Added Feb 27, 2013 637
Field Status Updated Feb 27, 2013 637
Field Updated Feb 27, 2013 637

    Project Update History Search - View all the lastest updates made by the SubseaIQ team.
 
 
 
Field Name Carlsberg
Discovery Date
Block PL495, 7/4
Reserve Type n/a
Current Status Non-Commercial
Production Start
Water Depth 82 m / 271 ft