Offshore Field Development Projects
Rochelle Rochelle
Operator:Nexen
Water Depth:138 m / 455 ft
Region:Europe - North Sea
Country:UK
Last Updated:Jul 1, 2014    (view update history)
Project Description
Located on Blocks 15/27 in 453 feet (138 meters) of water in the UK sector of the North Sea is the Rochelle oil and gas field. Endeavour International serves as the operator of Block 15/27, holding a 55.6% interest; Nexen holds the remaining 44.4% interest.

The previous operator, Talisman Energy, discovered Rochelle in 2000. Six years later, Endeavour acquired the license and drilled an appraisal well in January 2009. The operator then performed a drill stem test of the Rochelle appraisal well, which flowed at a rate of 41 MMcf/d and 2,300 barrels of oil condensate per day from a 72/64-inch fixed choke.

The well was drilled to a total depth of 10,369 feet (3,160 meters) roughly 1 mile (2 kilometers) northeast of the 15/27-9 discovery well. Rochelle is estimated to ...
Located on Blocks 15/27 in 453 feet (138 meters) of water in the UK sector of the North Sea is the Rochelle oil and gas field. Endeavour International serves as the operator of Block 15/27, holding a 55.6% interest; Nexen holds the remaining 44.4% interest.

The previous operator, Talisman Energy, discovered Rochelle in 2000. Six years later, Endeavour acquired the license and drilled an appraisal well in January 2009. The operator then performed a drill stem test of the Rochelle appraisal well, which flowed at a rate of 41 MMcf/d and 2,300 barrels of oil condensate per day from a 72/64-inch fixed choke.

The well was drilled to a total depth of 10,369 feet (3,160 meters) roughly 1 mile (2 kilometers) northeast of the 15/27-9 discovery well. Rochelle is estimated to hold 30 MMboe in the central North Sea.

Field Development

Endeavour announced an environmental impact statement was completed for a pipeline corridor, and a subsea development plan was filed for Rochelle with the UK government for approval.

The United Kingdom Department of Energy and Climate Change approved Endeavour’s development plan for the East Rochelle field on Feb. 28, 2011.

This approval kicked off phase one of the development of the Greater Rochelle area. As part of the development plan, the operator incorporated the recently discovered West Rochelle into this development plan, as phase two, with production estimated to commence in 2012.

The field development plan called for several wells to connect to production facilities on the Scott platform by a 19-mile-long (30-kilometer-long) pipeline.

Satellite Field

West Rochelle straddles Blocks 15/26b, 15/26c in the UK sector of the North Sea. In August 2010, Premier Oil entered into a farm-in agreement with Endeavour International Corporation to earn 25% interest by carrying 50% of the costs associated with well 15/26b-1.

In October, a discovery was made in the West Rochelle area of the North Sea. Drilled by the Transocean Prospect semisub, the well reached a total depth of 10,787 feet (3,288 meters), encountering natural gas with an oil rim in an excellent quality reservoir.

The well was sidetracked to the north to further appraise the extent of the reservoir. The field will be tied-back to the East Rochelle development, with first oil targeted for 2012.

Gas and condensate from Rochelle West began flowing to the Scott platform in October 2013.
Activities
Status Updates
MOL Group to Take Over Premier's Interest in Scott, Telford and Rochelle Fields
Type: Acreage Acquisition

Jul. 2014 - Premier Oil completed the disposal of its non-operated interest in the Scott, Telford and Rochelle fields in the UK North Sea to MOL Group. The $130-million transaction involves 6 licenses and has an effective date of Jan. 1, pending government approval and partnership pre-emption rights. Once completed, MOL Group will own 21.8%, 1.6% and 15% interest in Scott, Telford and Rochelle respectively. Premier chose to unload its interest in the Scott area in order to concentrate on its operated Solan and Catcher developments.

MOL Group to Take Over Premier's Interest in Scott, Telford and Rochelle Fields
Type: Acreage Acquisition

Jul. 2014 - Premier Oil completed the disposal of its non-operated interest in the Scott, Telford and Rochelle fields in the UK North Sea to MOL Group. The $130-million transaction involves 6 licenses and has an effective date of Jan. 1, pending government approval and partnership pre-emption rights. Once completed, MOL Group will own 21.8%, 1.6% and 15% interest in Scott, Telford and Rochelle respectively. Premier chose to unload its interest in the Scott area in order to concentrate on its operated Solan and Catcher developments.

Production Initiated at East Rochelle
Type: Development Activity

Feb. 2014 - Operations to open an outlet valve that was stuck in the closed position on the East Rochelle subsea manifold have been completed successfully and the field is now on stream. The problem was identified when production startup was attempted from the newly installed E2 well at the East Rochelle field. A diving support vessel was mobilized to the location Feb. 22 to correct the problem. West Rochelle will be restarted in a few days after being temporarily shut-in to allow the tieback of the E2 well. The combined well stream from both fields is expected to exceed the production capacity of the Scott platform.

Stuck Valve Causes Production Delays at Rochelle Field
Type: Development Activity

Feb. 2014 - Endeavour International, a junior partner in the Nexen-operated Rochelle field, reports that the Rochelle East (E2) development well has been completed and tied-back to production manifold on the Scott platform. Production began at West Rochelle in October 2013 but was temporarily suspended to allow the E2 well to be connected. While production was being restarted, an outlet valve was found to be stuck in the closed position. Several attempts were made to manually open the valve but all were unsuccessful. A well intervention vessel is being contracted to remedy the situation but challenging weather in the North Sea is expected to delay the operation. Updates will be made as they become available.

Gas Begins Flowing at West Rochelle
Type: Production Start

Oct. 2013 - Nexen Petroleum, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC, announced the start of production from the Rochelle field in the UK North Sea. Development of the field consists of two subsea wells, West Rochelle and East Rochelle, tied back to the Scott production platform. Currently, only West Rochelle is on stream and East Rochelle will begin producing in 4Q 2013. Field partners include Nexen (41%) as operator, Endeavour International (44%) and Premier Oil (15%).

Storm Shuts Down Ops at East Rochelle
Type: Operator Update

Feb. 2013 - Drilling operations on well 15/27-E1 have been suspended at Endeavour Energy's Rochelle East field due the effects of a severe storm. After the storm, a routine ROV inspection of the 36" conductor pipe, wellhead and BOP revealed that a 25 foot-deep section of cement had been scoured away from the conductor. Endeavour is trying to find the cause of the cement failure and to determine if the conductor suffered any fatigue damage. Remedial work has been completed to repair the cement and now the Transocean Prospector (mid-water semisub) will be relocated to the West Rochelle area to drill a second production well which will allow for the start-up of the Rochelle Development. Upon completion of the fatigue analysis the rig will be brought back to finish the 15/27-E1 well.

East, West Rochelle to Come Online by Year-End
Type: Development Activity

Apr. 2012 - A processing tariff was agreed with the Scott owners and initial Rochelle modifications were made to the Scott topside facility during 2011. The development program has made good progress towards first gas from Rochelle in November 2012. The subsea fabrication work is on schedule and drilling rigs have been contracted to drill this summer.

Endeavour to Commence Production Drilling on Rochelle in 2012
Type: Status Update

Nov. 2011 - Endeavour expects to commence production drilling in the Greater Rochelle development in the spring of 2012. The company will drill two production wells. Endeavour is operator and holds a 44 percent interest in the Greater Rochelle development which includes Blocks 15/26b, 15/26c and 15/27. The field lies about 115 miles (185 kilometers) northeast of Aberdeen, Scotland in 459 feet (140 meters) of water.

Aker to Supply Umbilicals for East Rochelle Development
Type: Subsea Equipment

Jul. 2011 - Endeavour Energy UK awarded Aker Solutions a contract to provide subsea umbilicals and associated equipment for the East Rochelle project, located in the UK sector of the North Sea. Aker will assign one 19-mile (30-kilometer) infield control umbilical and one 2,133-foot (650-meter) riser umbilical that will provide all system functions for the Rochelle field. The development represents the first phase of development of the Rochelle area. Engineering of the umbilicals is being managed out of Aker Solutions' facility in Oslo, Norway, and manufacturing of the umbilicals will take place in Moss, Norway. Final delivery of the equipment will take place in 2012. The field lies about 115 miles (185 kilometers) northeast of Aberdeen, Scotland in 459 feet (140 meters) of water. Endeavour operates the East Rochelle field, holding a 55.6% interest; Nexen Petroleum holds the remaining 44.4% interest.

Technip Grabs EPCI Contract for East Rochelle Development
Type: Contract Award

Jun. 2011 - Endeavour awarded Technip an EPCI lump sum contract for the East Rochelle development in the UK sector of the North Sea. The agreement covers full project management and detailed design, fabrication, installation and pre-commissioning of 19 miles (30 kilometers) of pipe-in-pipe, flexible riser, free issue umbilical, subsea isolation valves and manifolds. The contract also covers tie-in spools, trenching, backfill and rock dumping work. Offshore installation of the project will commence during the second half of 2012 and will use vessels from the Technip fleet. The field lies about 115 miles (185 kilometers) northeast of Aberdeen, Scotland in 459 feet (140 meters) of water. Endeavour operates the East Rochelle field, holding a 55.6% interest; Nexen Petroleum holds the remaining 44.4% interest.

Endeavour Gets OK to Develop the Rochelle Field
Type: Status Update

Feb. 2011 - The United Kingdom Department of Energy and Climate Change has approved Endeavour's development plan for the Rochelle field on Block 15/27 in the UK sector of the North Sea, now known as East Rochelle. This approval kicks off phase one of development on the Greater Rochelle area, stated Endeavour. As part of the development plan, the operator will incorporate the recently discovered West Rochelle into this development plan, as phase two, with production estimated to commence in 2012. The field development plan calls for several wells to connect to the Scott platform by a 19-mile-long (30-kilometer-long) pipeline. Endeavour operates the East Rochelle field, holding a 55.6% interest; Nexen Petroleum holds the remaining 44.4% interest.

A Discovery is Made in West Rochelle
Type: New Discovery

Oct. 2010 - A discovery was made in the West Rochelle area of the North Sea. Drilled by the Transocean Prospect semisub, the well reached a total depth of 10,787 feet (3,288 meters) on October 7, encountering natural gas with an oil rim in an excellent quality reservoir similar to that discovered at Rochelle. The well is currently being sidetracked to the north to further appraise the extent of the reservoir. The Greater Rochelle area compromises three blocks, 15/26b, 15/26c, and 15/27, in the UK sector of the North Sea.

Premier Enters Farm-In Agreement with Endeavour
Type: Status Update

Aug. 2010 - Premier Oil has entered into a farm-in agreement with Endeavour International Corporation to earn 25% interest by carrying 50% of the costs associated with well 15/26b-1. The well is scheduled to spud later this month to test the West Rochelle prospect, which straddles Blocks 15/26c and 15/26b in the UK sector of the North Sea. If drilling is successful, the well might be tied-back to the Rochelle field situated in Block 15/27.

Nexen Evaluates Fast Track Development Options for Rochelle
Type: Status Update

Feb. 2009 - Nexen's recent successful appraisal well at the Rochelle field on block 15/27 in the North Sea encountered 77 feet of net pay and was drill stem tested and flowed at an average restricted rate of 41mmcf/d of gas and 2,300 bbls/d of oil condensate from a 72/64-inch choke. Future appraisal and fast track development options are under evaluation.

Successful Flow Test on Endeavour's Rochelle Appraisal Well
Type: Appraisal Operations

Jan. 2009 - Endeavour International announced that drill stem testing of appraisal well 15/27-11 proves the commerciality of the undeveloped Rochelle Discovery in the UK North Sea.

Endeavour Successfully Appraises Rochelle Discovery in UK North Sea
Type: Appraisal Operations

Jan. 2009 - Endeavour has announced a successful up-dip appraisal of the Rochelle undeveloped discovery in Block 15/27 of the UK North Sea.

Endeavour Int'l Increases Revenues by 50%
Type: Status Update

Nov. 2008 - During the fourth quarter, Endeavour expects to participate in two strategic wells in the United Kingdom sector of the North Sea. The company will operate the drilling of the Rochelle appraisal well scheduled to spud mid-November in Block 15/27 in the Moray Firth Basin.The company holds a 55.6 percent interest in the well.

Endeavour Plans Another Appraisal Well on the Rochelle Discovery
Type: Appraisal Operations

Apr. 2008 - Endeavour says another appraisal well is planned on the Rochelle discovery in Block 15/27 – one of the two blocks that Endeavour operates where all of the fields and discoveries begin with the letter R. The company holds a 55.6 percent working interest in the Rochelle discovery. Endeavour is also scheduled to drill and operate a development well on one of the two R blocks during the fourth quarter.

Endeavour Updates on Rochelle Devleopment
Type: Status Update

Mar. 2007 - Endeavour expects to drill a development well in 2008 at the undeveloped Rochelle discovery. Plans call for the well to tie-back to a nearby floating production unit. Endeavour is operator of Rochelle and holds a 55.62 percent interest.

Endeavour Completes Talisman Expro Acquisition
Type: Acreage Acquisition

Nov. 2006 - Endeavour Energy has completed acquisition of all the shares of Talisman Energy Inc. Acquisition includes interest in 8 fields including the undeveloped Rochelle discovery in the Central North Sea section, Block 15/27.

Endeavour Acquires Undeveloped Rochelle Discovery
Type: Acreage Acquisition

May. 2006 - Endeavour Energy has agreed to acquire the undeveloped Rochelle discovery along with other assets from Talisman Energy.

West Rochelle
Producing - Oct 2013 to -

Under Development - 2011 to Oct 2013

Discovery (Appraised) - Dec 01, 2010 to 2011

Appraisal Drilling - Oct 20, 2010 to Nov 30, 2010

Discovery (Drilled) - Oct 04, 2010 to Oct 19, 2010

Exploratory Drilling - Sep 03, 2010 to Oct 03, 2010

East Rochelle
Producing - May 2014 to -

Under Development - Dec 2009 to May 2014

Discovery (Appraised) - Jan 2009 to Mar 2009

Appraisal well at 15/27-11 encountered 77 feet of net pay.

Appraisal Drilling - Nov 2008 to Jan 2009

The Sedco 704 is currently drilling appraisal well 15/27- 11

Discovery (Drilled) - Apr 30, 2000 to Nov 2008

Discovery well 15/27-9 proved estimated reserve potential of 21mmboe. And up-dip appraisal planned for Q42008.

Exploratory Drilling - Apr 20, 2000 to Apr 29, 2000

Exploration well 15/27-9 was drilled by the Stena Spey.

Update History
The SubseaIQ Team works everyday to provide you with the latest information on the offshore field development market. The following table provides you with a detailed record of each addition and update made to this project by the SubseaIQ team.
UPDATE TYPE DATE DAYS AGO
Field Updated Jul 01, 2014 23
Activity Added Jul 01, 2014 23
Field Updated May 22, 2014 63
Field Status Updated May 22, 2014 63
Field Status Added May 22, 2014 63
Field Updated Feb 28, 2014 146
Activity Added Feb 27, 2014 147
Field Updated Feb 27, 2014 147
Field Updated Feb 07, 2014 167
Activity Added Feb 07, 2014 167
Project Description Updated Oct 30, 2013 267
Field Updated Oct 29, 2013 268
Facility Updated Oct 29, 2013 268
Field Status Updated Oct 29, 2013 268
Field Status Added Oct 29, 2013 268
Activity Added Oct 29, 2013 268
Field Updated Feb 15, 2013 524
Activity Added Feb 15, 2013 524
Field Updated Aug 13, 2012 710
Field Status Updated Apr 04, 2012 841
Field Status Added Apr 04, 2012 841
Field Updated Apr 04, 2012 841
Project Description Updated Apr 04, 2012 841
Activity Added Apr 04, 2012 841
Project Description Updated Mar 01, 2012 875
Field Updated Nov 02, 2011 995
Activity Added Nov 02, 2011 995
Field Updated Jul 21, 2011 1099
Activity Added Jul 21, 2011 1099
Project Description Updated Jul 14, 2011 1106
Field Updated Jul 14, 2011 1106
Activity Added Jun 27, 2011 1123
Field Updated Jun 27, 2011 1123
Project Description Updated Feb 28, 2011 1242
Field Updated Feb 28, 2011 1242
Activity Added Feb 28, 2011 1242
Project Description Added Mar 22, 2010 1585
Field Status Updated Mar 22, 2010 1585
Field Status Added Mar 22, 2010 1585
Field Updated Mar 22, 2010 1585
Field Updated Nov 06, 2009 1721
Facility Updated Sep 09, 2009 1779
Activity Added Sep 01, 2009 1787
Facility Updated Apr 20, 2009 1921
Field Updated Feb 23, 2009 1977
Activity Added Feb 23, 2009 1977
Field Status Added Jan 29, 2009 2002
Activity Added Jan 29, 2009 2002
Field Status Added Jan 21, 2009 2010
Field Added Jan 21, 2009 2010
Activity Added Jan 21, 2009 2010
Activity Added Nov 04, 2008 2088
Facility Added Jul 07, 2008 2208
Facility Status Added Jul 07, 2008 2208
Activity Added Apr 23, 2008 2283
Activity Added Mar 06, 2007 2697
Activity Added Nov 01, 2006 2822
Activity Added May 26, 2006 2981

    Project Update History Search - View all the lastest updates made by the SubseaIQ team.
 
 
 
Field Name East Rochelle
Discovery Date Apr 2000
Block P226: 15/26b, 15/26c,15/27
Reserve Type Oil
Current Status Producing
Production Start May 2014
Water Depth 138 m / 455 ft
Field Name West Rochelle
Discovery Date Oct 2010
Block P226: 15/26b, 15/26c
Reserve Type Gas
Current Status Producing
Production Start Oct 2013
Water Depth n/a